Pages

Monday 11 November 2019

Surfing

On Friday, the year sixes and fives went to the Sumner beach to learn how to surf, Body board, and maybe actually using your body to surf.  We got told about keeping yourselves safe, how to surf (going through the stages on your stomach, push yourself up twist your foot and pull up.) we got giving our wet suits ones that fit us. and went to get change into them. we got out and my group (Dolphins) (we got given group names) went body boarding first or you can call it boogie boarding. We had to wait for the surfing people to get down to the beach first and then we went. We got given a purple vest and went into the water. Me and the rest of my group went out to a MASSIVE wave and started to hop on, the wave WHOOSHED us back to shore and we did the Shuckers sign which means that you got an AMAZING wave. once we were done we got something to eat and went down to make sand Castles. we got into groups and made some then we got group photos (Hopefully I can show you them :D and some more) the last thing my group did before  going back to school, was the SURFING my favorite.
we got reminded about the stages and got into the water. i walked in and saw my first wave. i walked up to it and started to pedal away and then it hit me Three power splashes. pushing myself up twist my foot and stand up I just got up and I hit shore "WHOA!".  But it was fun so it was fair :D

I found it easy to surf but harder to body board even though I've done it!

Have you been surfing or body boarding if so then did you enjoy it? BYE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well.
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say.
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about.